BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

April 20, 2009

Barbie Dream House

Spending time at my friends house this weekend really made me see how much growing up I have left to do.

 

Sophistication is something that I strive for. Elegance, beyond status quo, extravagant.

 

My friends S.M. and N.C. have the “make a house a home” thing down to an art.

 

Fresh baked bread, cupboard full of china, a weekly dinner menu, yummy cookies and cake on a cake stand.  I had to pinch myself to make sure I was not on Martha Stewart’s TV Show.

 

All the appliances, bedrooms, light fixtures, cabinets are exactly the way N.C. wanted them, because she built the house from the ground up. A family of 4 or 5 could live in her house with ease.

 

I expressed to S.M that I wanted to be like her when I grow up. Smirking she said, “Why??”

 

I explained that she had it all together. Thirty years old, unmarried, no children out of wedlock, very secure with herself, financially grounded, and love Jesus to pieces.

 

She then started to explain to me her journey to adulthood. How she is just now at that place where she can sit comfortably and not worry too much.

 

S.M. is full of good, sound, life advice and just a joy to be around.

 

Everyone should have people like her in their life.

 

It’s nice sometimes to see what your life can be like with some wisdom and experience.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love you!!! ~S.M and N.C.