BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

February 2, 2009

And Baby Makes 3...

Happy Monday! … Ok so that is a bit of an oxy moron because there has never been a “Happy Monday” But even still.

 

This weekend was great. Went to see a friend that lives about an hour and a ½ away.

 

She is a newly wed (one of the only marriages that stayed together of the weddings I went to in 2007.)


They just built a house and are getting geared up to have a baby. (Yikes)

 

One of our conversations was about how their marriage was going? She said things were good but she didn’t want him to “hurt” her.

 

I then asked her how he would hurt her and she told me: “My husband is the best man in his brother’s wedding. For the bachelor party some of them have planned to go out to a strip club.”

 

She also said: “if he goes to the party, I told him that I would NOT have sex with him and we will have to enroll in counseling!!!

 

The thoughts that go through my head when I heard that were explosive!

 

I just keep thinking to myself: “is this is what marriage consists of? No trust and then having to threaten your spouse to get them to do what you want?

 

My friend states that she is a good wife and takes care of all the domestic house work because “that’s her job”.

I hardly think those things count as Women Only jobs. My friend insists it is the way of Southern living…

 

What a bunch of crap.

 

What do you think… if you are married… or even not married what are your thoughts??

 

Why is marriage so difficult???

3 comments:

Stephie J said...

That sounds crazy. I would not like that. It kinda sounds like she wants his whole world to be her.

Catherine said...

Okay, I'm going to comment on the "wife jobs" thing. I think each couple has to decide what works for them. For a lot of couples it DOES work best for the wife to do the inside stuff and the husband to do the outside stuff but for some it doesn't. The important thing is that both people feel like it's fair. In my marriage we have pretty traditional roles but it's because we like it that way. However, when we had babies, it would have been much better if he had been more helpful. If I knew then what I know now about being assertive and how to communicate, he would have helped a LOT more with the babies.

Anonymous said...

It does sound like the country way of living. But does she have a real job? If she doesn't, then I think it's only fair for her to take care of things around the house. If she does, I think chores should be divided up the best way for their marriage. Yes, it is very hard. I don't think I would go as far as to tell him he can't go to a bach party. He's the best man, he has to throw it! No, bueno. A little strip club wouldn't hurt anyone. What did she do for her bachette party? Is there a reason she doesn't want him going? Has he done something to make her uncomfortable? Hmm...things to think about.

Trandy