BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

January 3, 2009

The Friend Breakup!

Do you have friends that you need to get away from. 


I feel that way as we speak. At this current moment I feel terrible. and upset. 

I lied. 

We went to my favorite pub last night and I brought an old friend who is engaged and should be secure in her relationship

When she got there, she hated it and wanted to go to a club that is skanky, dirty and a total meat market. 

I had realized when I walked in the door that I had already "been there done that" with my life. I was appalled and felt out of place. 

My friend who I was supposed to meet at my favorite pub was furious when he got there and we were not there to meet up with him. 

I told him I was sorry and asked him to pick me up if he came around this side of town. 

He was pissed and hung up on me. 

30 mins later, he told me he would  be there to pick me up at 11:30. 

I then had a sigh of relief and was ready to just got home and go to sleep. 

When I left, the friend I went with made me feel so bad for leaving her. (although she had left me may times before without even telling me.)

Are these sure signs that I am getting older? Would I rather go home and watch a movie then go out. 

Whatever it is. I just want to be at home. 

5 comments:

Stephie J said...

I am definetly starting to get like that. Theres nothing wrong with it!!

Anonymous said...

Don't worry be happy. It comes in spells for me. Somtiems I want to be out and about having fun at clubs, then I go through a spell where I want to be at home doing laundry and watching movies!

Trandy

SisTwist said...

Girl, I'm 28 and when my friends call me and ask me out, they already know what it is. As you get older your standards and tolerance changes. Perhaps the two of you ARE growing apart, there is nothing wrong with that.

Mrs. Mary Mack said...

I've been there. I'm not going to say let the friendship go, but at least you know how you feel about "that life" and if you'd rather be at home then be there. Speaking from experience if she's about to get married she just wants to get her hanging out done now...I went through that as well a few months before my wedding.

Anonymous said...

it HAPPENS AND I'M ONLY 20.
i mean i get tired of the same ole, same ole.
JADED i guess is the word.
anywho, i've recently had to drop a friend. SERIOUSLY.
it seemed like we were so compatible. we liked the same things. from the outside that was.
HOWEVER, I REALIZED HER PRIORITIES AND MY GOALS WERE NOT THE SAME.
she wanted to shop all day, waste her mom's money for college by not going to school AT ALL, and live off her girlfriend.
i on the other hand was not with it. so i had to let her GO.
IT WAS HARD BUT I'M ABLE TO BREATHE CUZ THAT'S ANOTHER leech i pulled off.
*sigh*