BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

January 8, 2009

Change of Pace

Think of a life in Oklahoma. Home of no opportunity, same ole' same ole', and where cars are replaced with horse drawn carriages.
 
OK, so it's not that bad but in some rural areas it could be? Finding your way out of a small state and getting out of your comfort zone can be tough, but is much needed.
 
I found an opportunity last year to serve as a missionary in a field at which I am good in. All seemed great accept for one small thing… It pays $400 a month????
 
Now, I am not a person that lets money rule my life and as long as I have enough to=2 0survive and can pay the bills, it's all good.
 
At that point in time last year, I didn't have a clue as to what I was supposed to do and could not take such a financial blow right out of college.
 
Here it is, a year later, and I have been saving for 6 months and feel like I am ready for the move.
 
With this, will come a HUGE lifestyle change. I will be living/working in a church which will have me upheld to the highest standard one could be on.
 
No going out, boys, drinks, NOTHING!!
 
A part of me feels like this is the perfect time to dig deep into who I really am and to do so at Lake Tahoe, CA.
 
However, can't help but be freaked out.  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow.
CONGRATS ON THE JOB OFFER ONE.
and kudos to you...
i'm not sure if I COULD PERFORM WITH SUCH A HUGE change but i do wish you the best of luck.

Anonymous said...

I will keep praying for you to make the right decision, and that you will have peace about what you decide.
How soon does she want you to come? Is it this weekend or in the next month?

Anonymous said...

Wow. Exciting! I’ll keep you in thoughts and prayers

Anonymous said...

I am glad that things have gotten better there. It will make your time more memorable and enjoyable and hopefully everyone will be on good terms when you leave. Perhaps Shiela sees the benefit of being nice to people and will keep that up too.
Count me in on the clothes "shopping". Just let me know when. I have to tell you, I appreciate that more than my words can express. Thank you for thinking of me.
Is your friend also doing missionary work in Asia? Sounds very adventureous!

Anonymous said...

Fill me in!!!!! What has happened since this email? Are you leaving early? I still think you are so brave! Can't imagine doing what you are about to do! Let me know...