BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

November 25, 2008

Bite the hand that feeds you

Hated by the person that holds your fate in their hands...

That is the current situation in my professional life. I would be in what people call a rut.

Fresh out of college, full of ambition and the want to learn, with no where to go. Currently, I have a job that is as repetitious as the day is long. Boring as all get out, no challenges, no critical thinking ... Nothing!

You would think one would be happy to be able to surf the net whenever, email, shop online, etc. But I want more.

I want to be challenged on a daily basis and work with genuine people.

Yesterday, I was at the 2nd job and I was talking to a customer. I saw that she was on staff at my Alma Mater and told her I was a recent graduate.

She said that's great! Then she paused for a moment and asked me very frankly : " If you have a degree.. why are you working here?"

I was so furious. I don't have to defend myself to anyone! I told her I was going to buy a house and need some extra money in a tone in which a question would be asked.

She quickly rebuked her previous comment and said: "well good for you"

My 2nd job wasn't good enough in the beginning until I told her what my 1st job was.

Why are people so judgemental. It's none of anyone business where the money comes from. I am guilty of it too, but why?

You don't know me... so don't act like it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seems like the human race is always judgemental. I don't think it's ever going to change. If people weren't so judgemental, do you think one would push themselves to accomplish greater deeds? I think some people thrive on critisism. I wish the world wasn't as judgemental either. Your judged on your work, while i'm judged for being a young single mother. No bueno. You just have to go with it, take what you can and go on about your business. Feel sorry for those who judge. How he judges me, will be the only one I care about.

Trandy

StarzGazR said...

i agree with alot of what trendy said... and you shouldn't need to explain yourself to anyone!!
So keep doing you honey and keep it moving!!

Anonymous said...

i definitely feel you on the JOB SITUATION. SUPER BORING, REPETITIVE, predictable. i feel you seriously lls...
I GUESS IN THE TIMES OF AN EFFED ECONOMY, AS A RECENT GRADUATE, YOU HAVE TO LOOK AT EVERYTHING LIKE ITS A DOZEN OF ROSES AND MAKE EACH SITUATION ur own.
with that degree, you will not be STUCK there for too long.
ADVANCEMENT IS ON THE WAY.
in terms of human judgement, its somethin' we all must deal with...
and i'm glad you acknowledged that you also did it...I MYSELF AM GUILTY OF IT. WE ARE SO QUICK TO FORGET PAST SIMILAR SITUATIONS WE HVE BEEN IN OR NVR STOP TO PUT OURSELVES IN SOMEONE ELSES situation...