BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

October 6, 2008

Ridin' Dirty

"Oklahoma... where the wind comes sweeping down the plains... !" I hate that song, and they force every child in this state to learn it.

Oklahoma is home of the Sooners, various farms and the occasional resident with billy bob teeth. And as a city girl myself, it is always an adventure while going out to the country.

The plans for the weekend were to go to the Witcha Mountains for a race my friends had been training for. I was there for moral support and to get them anything they needed. ( I am working on doing good deeds that don't always have an outcome of benefiting myself.)

We were to stay at my friend's parents house about an hour away from the race. There, we were going to relax, take in the fresh air, ride 4 wheelers and have a great time.

Now for the record, I don't like the country at all, but every so often I try to psych myself in to thinking that a few days of being away from the city will not be that bad.

The only problem with that great scenario is... it didn't happen that way!

Using my adventurous side, we went to ride the 4 wheelers on my friend's parents 100 acre land. The one I was on broke down and so the 3 of us decide to get on the one 4 wheeler that was working.

Trying to head back to the house, we get to a point where we have to climb a hill .... and with 2 big bodies and a small one you can guess what happen next.

Needless, to say I saw my life flashing before my eyes and at the end of the day pulled 98 stickers our of my clothes, hair, shoes, and skin. :(

On a good note we did get alot of cute pictures and it was nice to be around my friends parents... because they were really helpful and sweet people.

But I am just made to be in the city and that's all there is too it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are too funny! Would have loved to see that! Thank goodness none of you were seriously hurt. I am not too country myself, but it does a body good to be with friends doing things they enjoy and meeting nice new people, huh?

Anonymous said...

That story cracks me up. I can so see you on the four-wheeler tipping backwards. That would have been super scary! But, I'm glad you were adventurous enough to try it :)