BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

October 3, 2008

It's my party and I can cry if I want to...

Birthdays.... What exactly is the big deal? It is the day that you popped out and said "Hello" to the world.

Since my grand entrance, with the exception of a few years, I have had some what of a lavish party to celebrate my birth.

Huge pizza party at 11, Boy-girl party at 13, and Delicious BBQ for the big
2-1!

But for some reason this year is different? Its not a milestone birthday just a regular year... So why is there so much drama?

After talking this over with my mentor she gave me some insightful information that made me have a different perspective about the predicament.

She says: " As you get older... its not always possible to have a party or get everyone together at once because of the busy lives that we live. So just know that all your friends love you and will show you with a gesture of their own". She also says that some years are better than others and you get blessings that you would never think of.

I don't know if I agree with that. Life is busy yes, But we somehow make it to hang out with "friends" after work, get together, and dinner.

2 hours for a friend's birthday dinner will not kill you (unless you don't like the person)

I will continue to try to not let the conflicting schedules, messed up invitations and over priced cakes worry me.

Perfection is one of my weaknesses.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your mentor is a wise person. This birthday sounds a little bit like wedding planning can get. Ya know, when the focus is ALL on the WEDDING and the MARRIAGE is forgotten. That can steal ALL the joy and celebration. Don't let that happen to you! Remember that your friends are FAR more concerned with celebrating with you, than with all the details that are driving you crazy at the moment. Let that stuff go and ENJOY THE CELEBRATION!

Anonymous said...

I agree with "Anonymous" on this one. Just go out and have a good time. It's true that as people become more established in their careers and gain families, achedules do tighten up. Don't focus so much on the fact that a lot of people can't make it and instead appreciate and cherish those that are able to be with you on your birthday. Xoxox